Master of Science Degree
The Master of Science in Technology Management provides a high quality, interdisciplinary technical and business graduate degree for professionals interested in or presently leading information technology or technology-intensive organizations. We attract professionals from industry, government and nonprofit settings who have technology or business backgrounds to this unique and increasingly relevant professional program.
Areas of program emphasis include information systems planning, product and project management, risk mitigation, business continuity, total quality management and return on investment analysis. Specialized courses are offered in wireless networks, accounting information systems, banking and financial security complementing those, which emphasize leadership, change management strategies and technology entrepreneurship. Our curriculum also provides you with the opportunity to prepare for the Project Management Professional certification exam developed and conducted by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The Master of Science in Technology Management (MSTM) can be completed in-seat or online.
- You will learn to analyze point products, such as firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, antivirus programs and other components of the security infrastructure as they relate to network security.
- You will learn to design and develop techniques for assuring securities of software applications.
- We prepare you to succeed in a fast-growing, high-compensation field. The 2014 national average salary was $127,640 per Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Study abroad or internship requirements provide a hands-on learning experience giving Davenport graduates an edge in the job market.
- Faculty includes many current or former CIOs and high-level IT executives, ensuring relevant, up-to-date curriculum.