Master of Science Degree
Davenport University’s Master of Science in Information Assurance (MSIA) addresses the management of risk to organizational and individual information assets and the importance of building secure systems that protect the confidentiality, accessibility and integrity of those assets in today’s global environment. Our MS in Information Assurance is mapped directly to the Committee on National Security Systems Training Standard 4011, as defined by the National Security Agency (NSA) and CNSSI-4012 Training Standard for Senior Systems Manager.
We are proud to be designated as a Center of Academic Excellence for our Information Assurance degree by the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education, which is jointly sponsored by the NSA and the Department of Homeland Security. We are confident that you will find a relevance in our program, excellence in instruction and great long-term professional opportunities.
The MSIA can be completed in-seat or online.
- This program is certified by the NSA and CNSS as meeting national training standards for INFOSEC and Security Systems Managers.
- Receive candidacy for government career opportunities through our rare CAE designation.
- National average salary in 2014 for an Information Assurance Analyst was $88,890 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Exclusive scholarships are available for MSIA students.
- One of only five NSA, DOD and DHS Designated Center of Academic Excellence programs for Information Assurance in Michigan.
- Extensive experiential learning and hands-on case studies in high tech labs.
- Includes capstone thesis project to demonstrate technical skills.