Database Systems and Programming
Bachelor of Science Degree
Be a leader in IT. This degree allows you to develop a wide range of data management skills. As a data systems and programming professional, you will team up with other corporate IT professionals to monitor and maintain company databases as well as ensure their backup and recovery infrastructure. From making requested changes, updates and modifications to safeguarding database integrity, stability and system availability, you will play an integral role in your company’s success. Through this degree program you will gain a solid understanding of data modeling, design, management, programming and security.
A BS degree in Database Systems and Programming can be completed in-seat or online.
- Davenport University’s curriculum prepares you for a dynamic career in a growing field. The 2014 average salary for a Database Administrator was $80,280 and the field is growing at a rate of 11% according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- A wide range of database classes offer a breadth and depth of learning that uniquely prepares you to move into the marketplace with high-level proficiencies.
- Well-equipped computer labs offer hands-on learning, giving you the skills to immediately compete in the job market.
- Our transfer-friendly practices allow for many community college, college level, and in some cases, high school courses to transfer so students can graduate sooner.
- A Computer Information Systems internship or field experience in technology requirement offers you practical work experience.