Bachelor of Science Degree
Davenport’s Bachelor of Science degree in Cyber Defense provides you with the proactive and reactive knowledge and skills to address the cyber defense of technology systems in business, industry and government. A cyber defense professional helps protect data from threats, both inside and outside of an organization. You will learn specialized skills to create systems of checks and procedures for controls that help prevent unwanted intervention and track perpetrators.
In this program, hands-on tools and techniques, supported by the latest trends and case studies, will cover a myriad of topics to present what security is and how to best protect an organization’s information assets. You will learn the performance-based skills and develop the knowledge to ensure appropriate treatment of risk, compliance and assurance from internal and external perspectives.
The BS in Information Assurance can be completed in-seat or online.
- We are one of only five NSA, DOD and DHS Designated Centers of Academic Excellence for Information Assurance in Michigan. Applications for specific scholarships and government career opportunities are available because of this designation.
- We participate in National Cyber Defense competitions that allow students to demonstrate the skills employers seek and recruiters scout for. Our Cyber Defense team won 1st place in 2013 and 2015 at the Michigan Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
- Our transfer-friendly practices allow for many community college, college-level and in some cases, high school courses to transfer so students can graduate sooner.
- Professors have real-world experience and industry ties, which means unique learning, internship and job opportunities for our students.
- Voted a Top 10 program by Security Degree Hub.