Begin your nursing career by learning the technical expertise and knowledge to become a certified licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with DU’s PN Diploma and sit for your LPN board exam. Highly qualified students will have the opportunity to move on to the BSN degree. This is designed for the student who wants to build an exciting career as a professional nurse.
- LPN graduates become effective communicators with the health care team and serve as an advocate for both patient and families.
- LPNs work outside of traditional healthcare settings and provide private care for sick or injured individuals, while others work for businesses and provide basic care and health consultations to employees and customers.
- LPNs can use their healthcare education and licensure to change or supplement their careers in other fields in the medical industry. Medical coding, medical billing, medical call centers and customer service, insurance sales and consulting and medical transcription are all fields where LPNs can transfer their skills and quickly achieve success.
- A dynamic program that provides for the educational growth and development of the nursing student.
- Expert, university-level nurse educators teach and serve as dedicated mentors to enrich your experience.
- Credits ladder into the DU BSN.