Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at Davenport University offers an advanced level of graduate study expanding on the knowledge, skills and competencies acquired at the baccalaureate or entry-level nursing education program. The Master of Science in Nursing prepares post-licensure baccalaureate registered nurses in the advanced nursing role.
The Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program prepares the baccalaureate nurse to care for adults and children of all ages with essential focus on family and community. Graduates of this program will be able to provide health promotion and primary healthcare for families and individuals in the context of their families. The Family Nurse Practitioner program focuses on continual and comprehensive wellness and illness care for individuals across the lifespan to assist with illness management, health promotion and health education. Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner students will be prepared to assume leadership roles for the targeted populations in the primary settings. Family Nurse Practitioners are prepared to provide care to individuals with acute and chronic illnesses in a variety of primary care practice settings such as clinics, outpatient services and more.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration, the graduate will be eligible to seek certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner, offered by American Nurses’ Credentialing Center and/or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Following successful certification, the graduate applies to the Department of Professional Regulation for licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) for practice in their State.
- Online format available.
- Small class sizes assure greater student-teacher interaction and support from our dedicated staff of expert nurses.
- Designated advisors.
- Completion of a program within a cohort.
- Faculty are practicing nurse leaders serving in a variety of roles across the healthcare industry.
- 20% tuition discount for Michigan Hospital Association employees.
- Accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).