Master of Science in Nursing, Generalist (MSN)
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at Davenport University offers an advanced level of graduate study expanding on the knowledge, skills and competencies acquired at the baccalaureate or entry-level nursing education program. The Master of Science in Nursing prepares post-licensure baccalaureate registered nurses in the advanced nursing role.
The MSN program prepares students in the advanced nursing generalist role to become skillful in analysis (critical thinking and reasoning), pathophysiological concepts, advanced health assessment skills, pharmacological principles and applications, evaluation of evidence, critique of research and synthesis of literature to support best practices. Students develop and conduct research that contributes to nursing knowledge development. The students then learn how to critique research findings that answer nursing questions, solve nursing problems and develop innovative nursing interventions for select nursing populations. Students complete clinical within a variety of settings where they develop leadership skills related to practice improvement.
- Online format available.
- Small class sizes assure greater student-teacher interaction and support from our dedicated staff of expert nurses.
- Designated advisors.
- Completion of a program within a cohort.
- Faculty are practicing nurse leaders serving in a variety of roles across the healthcare industry.
- 20% tuition discount for Michigan Hospital Association employees.
- Accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).