Health Information Management
Manage, analyze and transform health information into intelligence. This degree prepares graduates to examine the entire spectrum of information use in health care including collection, storage, access, protection, analysis and utilization. The implementation of technology and the impact of data on patient care, research, quality improvement, insurance reimbursement and strategic decision making are topics of study. Graduates support health care providers in this fast growing field.
- Graduates are eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) exam.
- The Health Information Management Bachelor of Science degree is available entirely online.
- Graduate survey respondents rate their job preparation as 4 out of 5.
- 96% of graduate respondents report that they would recommend this program to others.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics “Growing Much Faster than Average” Career for 2024.
- CNN Money Best Jobs 2015 (Health Information Management Director).
- Award-winning program for innovation in education and training strategies. *
- Current students rate their satisfaction with the program at 6 out of 7.
- Faculty members are expert certified and credentialed HIM leaders.
- Flexible practicum partners you with industry experts in a real-world setting demonstrating your abilities in health information before graduation.
- High-quality curriculum through continuous accreditation by Commission Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM).
- Active members of the military and veterans can further their career goals by completing the Health Information Management degree.
*Building Michigan’s Healthcare Workforce Award, December 2012