Social Work BSW
Double your impact with two degrees – a Bachelor of Applied Science from Davenport University and a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from Kuyper College. This collaborative social work program educates, equips and prepares you to serve others – particularly those who are vulnerable, oppressed or living in poverty – working to meet their basic needs.
- Kuyper’s Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Graduates are qualified to work in various fields in both public and private human service agencies.
- You are enrolled as a student and taking coursework on both campuses – earning two bachelor degrees in a four-year program.
- Your 400-hour field practicum provides internship experiences in a social service agency that will give you excellent opportunities to put into practice what you learn.
- International field work placement is possible in Romania, Uganda, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic.
- DU and Kuyper offer low student-to-faculty ratios (16:1 and 14:1).
- Many graduates of Kuyper’s BSW program receive advanced standing in master of social work (MSW) programs. This can save you up to a year of graduate level course work and considerable tuition costs.
- Kuyper’s social work program provides valuable opportunities for you to engage with the West Michigan community.