Network Management and Security
Bachelor of Science Degree
Get the hands-on experience and performance-based knowledge necessary to maintain computer networks critical to the operation of business, industry and government. With a BS in Network Management and Security, build the expertise required to install, administer, upgrade and troubleshoot computer networks. In addition to critical technical skills, your coursework provides you with the teambuilding, project management and leadership skills necessary to succeed at the front lines, whether it be managing the daily operations of an organization’s networking technology or mentoring a staff of network technicians.
The BS in Network Management & Security is available in-seat to provide you with the hands-on experience required to prepare you for professional opportunities in this field.
- Graduates who meet Davenport University’s requirements in our BS in Network Management and Security are eligible for our Employment Guarantee. This allows additional education benefits if graduates are unable to obtain employment in their field within six months of graduation.
- DU is a registered Cisco Networking Academy so you know that what you are learning is aligned with an employer’s technology and required skills.
- Courses in this program cover topics directly related to the objectives of certification exams from Microsoft, Cisco and CompTIA.
- Competitions in National Cyber Defense allow you to demonstrate skills employers seek and recruiters look for on a national level. Our cyber defense team earned 1st place at the Michigan Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition in 2013 and 2015.
- We are one of only five NSA, DOD and DHS designated Center of Academic Excellence programs for Information Assurance in Michigan.