Bachelor of Science Degree
Be at the leading edge of innovation by developing your digital forensics and investigative skills with a BS in Digital Forensics. In this program, you are provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to collect, process, preserve, analyze and present computer-related evidence. You will learn to use tools and techniques to recover and secure information from computer operating systems, file systems, networks and mobile devices. Whether it be in detecting fraud, finding and assessing network vulnerabilities, assisting in a criminal investigation or in counter-intelligence activities, the hands-on learning and solid theoretical knowledge provided in this program poise you to seize a variety of professional opportunities in multiple business, industry and government sectors.
The BS in Digital Forensics can be completed in-seat only to provide you with the necessary hands-on experience required to prepare you for professional opportunities in this field.
- Davenport will prepare you for an exciting career that delivers a good salary. According to Payscale.com, the 2015 average salary for a Forensic Computer Analyst was $68,357 per year.
- Study evidence collection techniques and courtroom presentation procedures for testifying in a court of law.
- Get hands-on experience conducting investigations to define and analyze intrusion methodologies in digital media and networks.
- Work alongside faculty who provide a strong ethical foundation so you know you’re learning procedures and methodology beyond reproach.
- Transfer-friendly, allowing for many community college and college-level high school courses to transfer so students can graduate sooner.