Health Information Technology
Join the health care industry in an essential role working with health information. This degree prepares graduates for roles in medical coding, data analysis, insurance reimbursement, quality improvement, information privacy and security, as well as electronic medical records. Graduates support health care providers in this fast growing field.
- Graduates are eligible to sit for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) exam.
- The Health Information Technology Associate of Applied Science degree is available entirely online.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics “Growing Much Faster than Average” Career for 2024.
- Rated Top 10 Online HIT Associate Degree Program by healthinformaticsdegrees.org.
- Graduate survey respondents rate their job preparation as 4 out of 5.
- 100% of employers report satisfaction with DU HIT graduates.
- Current students rate their satisfaction with the program at 6 out of 7.
- Faculty members are expert certified and credentialed HIM leaders.
- Flexible practicum partners you with industry experts in a real-work setting demonstrating your abilities in health information before graduation.
- High-quality curriculum through continuous accreditation by Commission Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM).
- Active members of the military and veterans can further their career goals by completing the Health Information Technology degree.