Health Informatics and Information Management
Serious knowledge pays. Learn in an online, interdisciplinary program providing a unique blend of business, technology and healthcare graduate education. The program is structured to provide experiences in the development, implementation and maintenance of data systems, data analysis, privacy and security and strategic and operational resource planning; and decision making based in the information-driven, knowledge-based healthcare environment.
- Only program of its kind in Michigan and a truly interdisciplinary degree.
- Available entirely online.
- Emphasizes management and administration of healthcare data and information systems.
- Faculty members are industry experts.
- Cutting-edge curriculum is advocated by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- AHIMA strategy outlines strong need for prepared HIM professionals.
- Program is in Candidacy Status by the Commission Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM).
- Upon program accreditation, graduates who have a demonstrated knowledge of required foundational competencies will be eligible for the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) exam.